The pages below describe various aspects of using, administering and troubleshooting a PmWiki installation, as well as aspects of the PmWiki community.
As you know, documentation is always incomplete.
Feel free to help yourself and others by contributing to it.
Just edit the pages on pmwiki.org.
You might want to follow or contribute to the documentation guidelines.
Beginner Topics for Creating and Editing Pages
Intermediate Editing Topics
- Markup master index - Tabulation of all PmWiki markup
- Uploads - Allow authors to upload files, also known as page attachments
- Tables - Simple tables with double pipe markup, one row per line
- Table directives - Directives for table processing
- Wiki styles - Modifying the style of page contents
- Show Hide Box (aka Toggle) - How to write up a Show/Hide box for examples and solutions to math problems.
- Access keys - Access keys are keyboard shortcuts for tasks that would otherwise require a mouse
- Page directives - Directives to specify page titles, descriptions, keywords, and display
- Include other pages - Include contents from other PmWiki pages
- InterMap links - Interwiki links definition and use
- Conditional markup - The if directive allows portions of a page to be included or excluded from rendering
- Page variables - variables that are associated with pages
- Page text variables - Page variables automatically made available through natural or explicit page markup
- Markup expressions - String and formatting operations
- Forms - How you can embed input forms into wiki pages
- Simultaneous edits - Handling multiple attempts to edit a page nearly simultaneously
Organizing and Protecting Pages
PmWiki Site Administration
Installation and maintenance
- AuthUser - Authorization system that uses usernames and passwords
- Blocklist - Blocking IP addresses, phrases, and expressions to counteract spam and vandalism.
- Notify - Allows a site administrator to configure PmWiki to send email messages whenever pages are changed on the wiki site
- Passwords administration - More password options for the administrator
- Ref count - Link references counts on pages
- Url approvals - Require approval of Url links
- Variables - Variables available for local customisation
- Functions - How some of the functions in pmwiki.php work
- Page file format - Create wiki formatted pages in bulk and for upload to your pmwiki site
- Audiences - Patrick Michaud's comments regarding the "audiences" for which PmWiki was designed
- Contributors - A list of contributors to PmWiki development and improvement
- Mailing lists - The email discussion lists available and their archives
- PmWiki philosophy - This page describes some of the ideas that guide the design and implementation of PmWiki
- Design notes - Some of the features and notes about PmWiki's design decisions
- Release notes - Notes about new versions, important for upgrades
- Change log - Log of changes made to PmWiki by Release
- References - References to PmWiki media coverage
- Glossary - Terms related to PmWiki
- Introduction loop trail
Note: The following pages are listed here so that they can include a #faq section and have the questions appear on the FAQ page.
The problem is that these pages become part of the trail